Wednesday 17 November 2010

Looking at Title Sequences

Friends Title Sequence

Why this title sequence appeals to me?

I really love this television programme and that is why I picked this title sequence. Friends is a feel good programme as the problem always gets resolved in the end. The song used in the title sequence as well is a very catchy song which helps it attract to the target audience because when people hear the song they will think of Friends.

What colour is the text and why?

The colour of the text used is white throughout the whole of the title sequence is white. I think that they used white in the title sequence because it stands out which will attract the audience into reading what come up on the screen.

Does it fit in the overall look of the sequence?

I believe it does because its simple and Friends is all about every day situtations.

What is the style of text used?

The style of font used is quite informal and casual which also fits in with the style and genre of the television programme.

Where is the text positioned in the frame?

The text stays the same throughout the entire title sequence and is placed in the middle of the shot.

Monsters Inc Title Sequence



Why this title sequence appeals to me?
This title sequence appeals to me because as soon as I see it, it sets in that I am going to watch one of my favourite childhood films. I think that this title sequence is a great way to attract the targeted audience as it is shown as a cartoon likewise to the rest of the film. The music of this title sequence is very uplifting and light which connotes to the audience the time of film they are about to see.


What colour is the text and why?
The colour of the text in this title sequence is white. I think the title designer decided to use white as it stands out on the black background that has been used throughout the sequence.


Does it fit in the overall look of the sequence?
I believe it does because it attracts the audience into reading what is written.


What is the style of text used?
The style of text used in quite simple, however it isn't as plain as Arial font. It has a little curve to it here and there.


Where is the text positioned in the frame?
The text is positioned mainly in the centre of the shot but at some stages in the title sequence it is shown to be placed all over the shot.


Sweeny Todd Title Sequence


Why this title sequence appeals to me?
This title sequence appeals to me because it is a musical film and as I am a dancer I love musicals. It is quite eery as the first thing I hear is music from an organ. As the title sequence doesnt give much away it gets me wanting to watch the rest of the film.

What colour is the text and why?
The colour of the text used in this title sequence is white just like the other title sequences I have looked at. I believe that many title sequence designers decide to use white writing because it makes the writing stand out and easy to read.

Does it fit in the overall look of the sequence?
Yes I think it does as it goes againest the natural colours you would expect to be used in this film title - Red and black.

What is the style of text used?
Old style writing is used because it is set many years ago in the streets of London.

Where is the text positioned in the frame?
Mostly in the centre of the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment